Search This Blog

Sunday, October 1, 2017

My DBS Journey: Day 7 - Recuperating

A quick text post to let you all know that today I've spent some time recuperating like a good, little patient.

We woke up, had breakfast, had a service (read the 6th hour since it was just past noon at that point along with the scripture reading for today, then discussed how we have mercy as God has mercy on us, especially on the internet), then had lunch. We then went to the park to get in my walking exercise like the physical therapist told us to. We walked one mile from one park to another on the trail. Sat for a while, then walked back. So a total of two miles together.

Then we enjoyed some down time at home, resting while we checked on Facebook and the like. I watched the new videos on ZIN Now that had just came out.

Decided I'm going to start working my Zumba Gold songs back into my daily routine since they are low impact, starting tomorrow (Monday). I'm doing fine.

One concern is infections with this procedure. The last few years I've been pretty hard to get infected with anything. No colds or fevers of any kind. So far, so good. The site looks like it is healing well.

The only other thing is inflammation around where the leads were placed. That can take a few days to go down to normal. It is part of the reason I'm a little slow right now. As that heals, I'll speed up some (though I've never been all that fast to begin with). But I'm thinking the Zumba will help with that too due to its neuroplacisity.

That's about it for now. Until next time. Yeeee Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment