Search This Blog

Friday, December 1, 2017

I'm Doing Great So Far.

I've been doing great!

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up who has been following this blog. I can tell, so very slowly, that I'm getting more stable. Still doing steady enough and can type well enough, that I just finished around 25K words on my novel during the second half of November. Woot!

But still not quite good enough to do Zumba. But I can tell when I helped vacuum at a job the other evening, that wasn't quite as erratic in vacuuming as I was the time before. So there is some progress, however minor it may be. I was actually encouraged by a study on DBS. They wanted to see what people's experiences were before and after DBS surgery. The evaluated them shortly before their DBS surgery, but then waited between 9 and 12 months after their surgery before evaluating them again. Supposedly, by the time that rolls around, a lot of the getting used to it and settling down of the extremities should have happened. IOW, in around 6 months, when my doctor says is the outside time frame when I can expect to be back to normal, is when, well, I can get back to my normal life before DBS, except without the tremors!

I'm also going to have my cataract surgery on Dec. 13th. Two Wednesdays from now. I'm praying that I'm not one of the very few who end up with any complications. I know it chances of happening are pretty slim, and most come away from it seeing great, but there is still that chance. It may not be brain surgery (had it, survived it), but it is eye surgery. So pray that everything goes well.

That's the updates for now. I'll be checking back in with you shortly after the 13th.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment