Search This Blog

Monday, May 29, 2017

Finally, an Update

I'm way overdue on updating blog followers how me and Parkinson's are getting along lately. I apologize for the delay. My focus over the last few months on getting licensed in Zumba Gold® and getting a class going in addition to the rest of life hasn't given me much time for this blog.

But I thought I'd try something new on the video blog front. I've been making videos and uploading them to YouTube. With advent of live streaming, I thought it would be cool to do my video blog that way so people would have opportunity to ask questions and interact in real time.

I investigated YouTube's live streaming, but it is more complicated than Facebook's. You have to download a third-party app to encode it and send it to YouTube, etc., etc., etc. They are working on building it into the YouTube app, but isn't out yet. With Facebook, you simply click a link and in seconds you're on the air.

The big downsides to using FB for this is, one, it will change the location of my PD videos, which are all on YT. Two, I'm unsure how well the FB video will embed in this blog. But, after wasting the morning hours trying to find and set up YouTube's livestream, I gave up and opted to give FB livestream a try. So we'll see how this works. Maybe once YT simplifies their livestream, I'll give that a go and evaluate.

At any rate, check out my first live-streaming video blog post. Don't know how this will work, but it may require you to log in to FB. If you're one of those few people without an FB account and you can't see it because of that, let me know in the comments and I'll see if I can find a solution for you.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment