Search This Blog

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Day 2: Tauroursodeoxycholic Acid

Today I doubled the amount I took. Took 2 250 mg pills at 3 pm and another 2 around 9:30-10 pm for a total of 1200 mg today.

In one of the studies I pointed to, they gave 3 dose levels. 15 mg/kg, 30 mg/kg, and 50 mg/kg of a person's weight. It indicated it was well tolerated at all three levels. For me, I weigh around 77 kg, that would translate into 1155 mg, 2310 mg, and 3850 mg respectively. So you can see I'm barely over the minimum dose given to people in that study.

That said, I'm not planning on raising it in the near future. This should be enough that I should see some difference if it is going to make one on symptoms.

Saturday's experience:

Side-effects: none noticed

Symptom changes: nothing noticeable yet that I can attribute to TUDCA. I did have times of no tremors, but I've experienced that before since taking Azilect. I also experienced some tremors. I should add that I would have expected more tremors than I did get when drinking coffee. I didn't get a lot, maybe half a cup, but that always seems to increase my tremors more when I do. I didn't notice any substantial increase in my tremors from drinking coffee. So that is perhaps something. But nothing I can lay at the feet of taking TUDCA yet.

There were some minor changes, but not enough for me to say it is a change as opposed to the normal ups and downs of my symptoms. Except for perhaps one small item that I noticed that could indicate something.

I mentioned my cogwheel symptom. I tend to notice that upon rubbing my wife's back before sending her off to la-la land. Due to the angle, I use my left hand for that. Normally, any rubbing isn't smooth or even. Tonight it did seem smoother and more normal. We'll see if that keeps up.

Sunday morning will be a good test of any progress. That's when I'm standing and singing/chanting for around 2.5 - 3 hours. Azilect has helped with that a lot, we'll see if it is even better or about the same. If it can help the toe curling and leg issues that make standing for that long uncomfortable, that would be a blessing.

We'll see what day 3 will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment